Friday 8 April 2011

Pretty yarn

Just had to share a picture of this little beauty. A lovely hand-dyed skein of BFL sock yarn from the wonderful Abstract Cat.


I came across a mention of this indie dyer on a new UK podcast called A Playful Day and of course, like the true yarn addict that I am I had to pop pver to take a look. Somehow a skein hopped into my online basket -willpower and I are total strangers when it comes to all matters yarnie.

I have been admiring the skein for several days now. I keep it on the upstairs window ledge on the landing and pet it every time I go up and down stairs. I wound it into a ball last night, fully prepared to cast on for my H socks at the weekend - Hermione's Everyday socks, and now I have a dilemma. This yarn is far too pretty to be hidden in my shoes. I want to make a beautiful shawl/shawlette/scarf but seriously, how many shawlettes can a girl have? I could gift it to someone else but it's mine (all mine).

This is why I end up with so many skeins of beautifully dyed sock yarn in my stash - I just don't want to 'waste it' on socks.

1 comment:

  1. That yarn looks rather nice. I'm not even going to take a look, as I know how weak-willed I am in the presence (even virtual!) of gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete