Sunday 22 May 2011

Baby knitting


P5220514
Originally uploaded by l.tilbrook

Taking a break from the sock projects, I had time to whip up a couple of quick baby knits. This cute little pattern worked up in no time - Hello Baby from the wonderful Spud & Chloe blog. Why is it, that as knitters, we feel compelled to knit for every new arrival even if it means dropping all other projects to get it finished in time. An assistant at my son's school is expecting her first baby and as she had been so helpful with my two sons, I wanted to be able to gift her something small and cute to say thank you.

The yarn is Rowan RYC Cashsoft Aran, which in hindside was slightly too heavy for the pattern - maybe I should have done it on 5.5mm needles rather than 5mm. The fabric is OK but a little on the heavy side - with not as much drape as I would have liked. Still, it meets the cute criteria and hopefully she will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment