Saturday 25 August 2012

Hardknott Socks - finally

It seems as though this design has been in the pipeline for ages so I am pleased to finally have the pattern published: Hardknott Socks

IMAG0359

I used the lovely superwash sock yarn from the Knitting Goddess and I love the way that the simple cables really pop - the stitch definition is fabulous.

The cable design is straightforward and easy to remember and the pattern is given in two sizes - for a medium (UK Size 6) and a large (UK Size 10), although due to the nature of the pattern the stitch count could easily be adapted to fit a range of sizes.

IMAG0355

In case you were wondering, Hardknott Pass is a narrow winding road which connects two valleys in the Lake District. My husband loves driving over it and I loathe it in equal measure. With its hairpin turns and 1:3 gradients I always need a stiff drink after navigating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment