Wednesday 24 October 2012

Owls!

Just time to show off a little FO before we dash off for a half-term break.

My niece is mad about owls and all things owl related. Her mum mentioned that she was in dire need of a warm winter hat and this pattern was too cute to resist. Why are owls so darned cute? There is something about these squishy little cables which are such fun and so addictive to make. The hat literally took an evening to knit, and it took much longer for me to sew on the little beads for the eyes. My finishing skills always leave a little to be desired and my procrastination got the better of me for a few days whilst I dithered - eyes...or no eyes...?

IMAG0557

But, on the whole I think it looks better with eyes. And the thought of the squeals of joy from my little niece made the hour sitting with tiny beads and needle and thread worthwhile.

I had plenty of yarn left over so I did a quick pair of fingerless mitts too using this pattern

IMAG0558

No comments:

Post a Comment