Tuesday 4 December 2012

Bitten by the bug

Yes, I know that I should be industriously working my way through a pile of Christmas gift knitting, and that I still have two sleeves to go of a sweater for mum, but some chance wandering around the web lead me to this rather wonderful group: SIBOL (International Sunshine Blankets of Love).

Am amazing and inspiring bunch of crafters who create lovely crocheted and knitting squares to be sewn into blankets and given to elderly residents of care homes, some of whom have little outside contact and few friends and family to provide comfort. I must admit that I was rather touched and more than a little motivated to browse their patterns and lovely, friendly ravelry group.

Next thing I knew, I had a crochet hook in hand, and guided by this fabuluous tutorial and I was cranking out Granny Squares like nobodies business,


IMAG0738

I must admit to feeling rather pleased with myself. My previous attemtps at crochet have not been without their problems and although I have done a simple Ripple Blanket before - a la Lucy of Attic 24 fame, my previous Granny Squares have been decidedly mis-shapen and often, not very square which is a bit of a problem when making a blanket.

But this time, something clicked and I was away...

Now I really must get on with the Christmas knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment