Saturday 19 October 2013

My first knit-along

It's been all systems go over on the Solstice Yarns Ravelry group, as my first KAL (co-hosted with the lovely Eleanor) has been launched.


I am pleased to say that the Samhain sock KAL is going well so far and as of this morning we have 15 participants all working away on some beautiful socks - some of them going at speeds which put me to shame.

It reminds me of one of the (many) reasons I love Ravelry community. For some participants it is their first toe-up sock, for others it is their first time trying magic loop or cabling without a needle, but it is great to see others happily stepping in to offer advice and support.

As my DH works away from home a lot and I fit my work around looking after my boys I don't get a chance to go to a local 'Knit Night' or craft group so, in effect, Ravelry is my 'Knit Group' - always there - always helpful - and always supportive.

In other knitting news, the Icon dress continues (slowly) and I'm hard at work on another sock pattern - hopefully in time for those of you looking for Holiday Knitting (no mention of the C-word here)

No comments:

Post a Comment