Thursday 14 November 2013

Cowl Love

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed recently - the usual story - too many WIPs and not enough time to knit them all. So the last thing I needed was another project, but I needed to whip up something luxurious and indulgent for a friend going through a hard time, and I happened to come across a skein of Solstice Yarns Ishtar Lace (a delicious silk/baby camel blend) in a perfect delicate green colour (Chartreuse)

I couldn't resist.

So a quick Ravlery surf later I came up with the April Showers Cowl pattern.



The yarn is held double which gives a wonderful feel and drape, and because you start with a provisional cast on and then graft the ends closed you can knit until you have used almost every scrap of precious yarn - the perfect project.

I'm so in love with the finished cowl. It's a good job my friend is a very dear one, otherwise she would be getting a box of chocs and I would have a lovely new cowl to wear today :)


1 comment:

  1. It is gorgeous, definitely a present to make someone feel better.

    ReplyDelete