Friday 13 December 2013

Lichen Hat & Bark Shawl

Not one FO for you today but two - linked by a theme of nature and also by designer. The very talented Suseknits produced a lovely shawl pattern recently called Bark. As she was having a KAL over in her Ravelry group and I happened to have a perfect skein of yarn newly acquired in my stash - Solstice yarns Tidal sock yarn in the Leaf Mould colourway - it seemed like a match made in heaven.

Typically for me I didn't read the pattern properly and worked the repeats a little differently to how the designer had intended but I love the finished object. It has wonderful drape and texture and is feminine without being fussy.


The second FO is a hat which I did as a test knit, also for Suseknits. This is the Lichen & Moss Hat and I used some Sublime Organic merino dk in an Oatmeal colour. This yarn has been in my stash for some considerable time after I bought 10 balls of it on sale. It is a loosely plied single so I didn't want to use it for a garment, but its soft and squishy nature means it is perfect for hats, scarfs and cowls.

This was wonderful pattern to knit. A very effective textured stitch pattern which was easy to memorise and fun to knit. This hat practically flew off the needles and is now my 'must-have' accessory when I leave the house. I always struggle with hats to find one that looks 'right' but this is just perfect with just enough slouch and a perfect fit on the brim.

Sue also has the Lichen & Moss Cowl pattern available to match which she kindly gifted me, so guess what I'll be working on soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment